· Davis, T. (2015, September 13). Study: Colorado River shortage could hit Arizona hard (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site.. Arizona Daily Star (Tucson, AZ).
· Katel, P. (2011, December 9). Water crisis in the west (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site.. CQ Researcher, 21, 1025-1048.
· Zielinski, S. (2010) The Colorado River Runs Dry (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site.. Smithsonian Magazine
You will write an essay of 1000+ words (4 pages), not including a title page and a reference page. Each of the following questions should be addressed in your essay and supported with both quotations and paraphrasing from multiple sources you have been given in the module on this topic and that you locate through the EC Library.
1. What is the source of the scientific information in the Arizona Daily Star article by Tony Davis?
2. Discuss the expertise of the scientists (and others) involved in the study discussed by Davis.
3. What alternative views does Mr. Davis discuss? What do these viewpoints say in contrast to the initial study he examined in his article? Would you say, based on this information, that the study examined by Mr. Davis is accurate, reliable, and unbiased?
4. Compare and contrast the information in this Arizona Daily Star article with the information in the module readings and any additional material you may have found about this complex issue. Where does the Daily Star article agree and disagree with your other sources, and why?
5. Who are the major stakeholders in the conflicting demands on the Colorado River source? Does Mr. Davis discuss them all fairly? Is one group overlooked; if so, who, and what is their interest in the Colorado River water?
6. What possible solutions to this problem are discussed in Mr. Davis’ article? Are there other solutions you have found? Describe these possible solution
“Looking for a Similar Assignment? Get Expert Help at an Amazing Discount!”