BEFORE SUBMISSION–AND BEFORE REALLY STARTING ON THE DOING OF THIS PAPER, please make use of the following links (if trouble with any link, try this–right click and “open in new window”; sometimes an item will flash to the top or bottom of your screen or go to a downloads folder):
- INSTRUCTION SHEET for Assignment 3–with key details: HIS105_Assignment 3_Instructions_Dr_Stansbury.docx
- WRITING GUIDE for Assignment 3: HIS105_Writing_Guide_Assmt3.docx (tip–print this out; keep handy)
- Outline/Template for Assignment 3: Template_Outline_assmt3.docx
- SOURCES AND TIPS for Assignment 3: Sources and Tips for Assignment 3_HIS105.docx
- HOW TO SUBMIT THE ASSIGNMENT 3: HIS105_How_to_submit_Assmt3.docx
- VIDEO HELP on doing Assignment 3 (if needed, right-click and open in new window): https://cdnapisec.kaltura.com/index.php/extwidget/preview/partner_id/956951/uiconf_id/43830551/entry_id/1_p05yej3z/embed/dynamic
America as Superpower–Confrontation in a Nuclear Age (1947-Present)
Assignment 3: America as Superpower-Confrontation in a Nuclear Age (1947-Present)
Due Week 9 and worth 120 points
In Assignment 3, we ask you to write about America’s international superpower role for the long period since World War II to the present using a Writing Guide provided in Blackboard. Your paper must use a minimum of three sources from the list provided below.
Your first step to completing this paper is to pick your topic. Below you will find two lists; one refers to Cold War period (1947-1990) examples of confrontation and one list provides examples of confrontations occurring in the Post-Cold War period (1991-Present). Each example will involve a specific strategic concern and confrontation. Review the examples below and choose one strategic concern and one confrontation from each time period to focus on in your paper. Once you have chosen your examples, review the sources noted below.
Be sure to review the other help (documents or video) provided by your instructor. For information on the SWS format, see the “Strayer Writing Standards” tab on the course menu.
Cold War period (1947-1990) possible examples – choose one strategic concern and one confrontation that illustrates that concern:
“Is this question part of your assignment? We Can Help!”