ASSIGNMENT 3: POWER, POLITICS, AND CULTURE Due Week 9 and worth 190 points
In Assignment 2, you created a professional development plan using EI building blocks and motivation. In this last assignment, you will examine how politics and power influence an organization and its culture.
In business, power and politics greatly influence an organizational culture and may hinder organizational productivity. In your role as consultant you observed power and politics influence on the corporate culture.
INSTRUCTIONS Following SWS standards, write a 5 to 7 page report that addresses the following:
1. Influence of Politics and Power ○ Explain how politics and power-play may have influenced the organization’s culture.
2. Sources of Power ○ Explore the sources of power and describe how management could use this influence to benefit the department and improve organizational performance.
3. Leadership Behavior and Culture ○ Make recommendations that support how the study of power and politics could influence leadership behavior and improve the organization’s culture.
4. Leadership Influence ○ Discuss the importance and complexity of leadership behavior in solving the issue you identified. How does it influence organizational structure and performance?
5. References and Citations ○ Go to https://research.strayer.edu to locate at least two resources. ○ In-text citations are required when paraphrasing or quoting another source.
6. Formatting and Writing Standards ○ Formatting and writing standards are part of your grade. Align your formatting to the Strayer Writing Standards.
*Grading for this assignment will be based on the following criteria and evaluation standards:
POINTS: 190 ASSIGNMENT 3: POWER, POLITICS, AND CULTURE
Criteria Exemplary 100% – A
Proficient 85% – B
Fair 75% – C
Unacceptable 0% – F
1. Influence of Politics and Power
Completely explains how politics and power-play may have influenced the organization’s culture. Accurately identifies the core issues and strongly connects them to the impact on culture. The explanation is wellsupported by research.
Satisfactorily explains how politics and powerplay may have influenced the organization’s culture. Identifies some core issues and connects them to the impact on the culture. The explanation uses research support.
Partially explains how politics and power-play may have influenced the organization’s culture. Identifies some issues but does not fully explore them or make a strong connection to their impact. Uses little research support.
Does not explain how politics and power-play may have influenced the organization’s culture.
2. Sources of Power
“Is this question part of your assignment? We Can Help!”