Infection Prevention and Control (IC)
For your assigned topic, access The Joint Commission Standards Manual and The Joint Commission’s publication The Source. To access this information follow the steps below:
From the homepage of the Ashford University library, click on Find Articles & More in the purple bar near the top of the page. Next, take the following steps:
· Click on Databases by Subject
· Click on Health & Medicine
· Click on Joint Commission E-dition for the Standards Manual. Review the standard assigned to you.
· Next, go back to Health & Medicine in the AU Library. Then click on Joint Commission: The Source link located just below the Joint Commission E-dition link. Do not access The Source via the Joint Commission E-dition link or it will ask you to pay a fee.
· To select two articles, do one of the following:
o Select two journal articles from The Source that were published within the past 5-8 years pertaining to your assigned topic. Please use The Source tip sheet for guidance to find what you need through The Source.
o Select two journal articles from either Google Scholar or the Ashford Library Databases.
· Once you have chosen two articles related to your assigned Standard, identify, and summarize the two articles chosen. In addition, your response should reflect the TJC Standard, how it is utilized, and why it is important in health care. Include any best practice mentioned, and discuss at least one new concept that you learned from the articles.
“Is this question part of your assignment? We Can Help!”