The purpose of this assignment is to use what you have learned about lifespan theories, models of resilience, and psychosocial development to assess how well individuals and families are functioning in relation to all three of these areas. To address realistic situations without violating personal rights to privacy, you will review the case scenario provided in the resources.
This case represents individuals in multiple life stages. Select three individuals in the case study family who are moving through different life stages and focus on details that will make your analysis applicable to your specialization.
For this assignment, imagine you are a counselor working with three of the individuals in the case. Now, conduct the following analysis for each individual:
- Identify the life stage he or she is in, along with the psychological crisis each is experiencing.
- Identify social or environmental factors that may have influenced the individual’s behavior. Examine the connection between these factors and theories of learning.
- Apply psychosocial developmental theory to the situation presented, from the perspective of a counselor:
- Conceptualize your ideas for the developmental tasks of each of the three individuals selected, grounding your conceptualization in your own area of specialization.
- Include a discussion of each of the three individual’s lives and factors that might affect behaviors, including cultural and other influences related to the stage of development assessed. To the extent that it is relevant for each individual, include an analysis of interrelationships among work, family, and other life roles. Include an analysis of the impact of cultural influences as well. Refer to specific actions as evidence for your analysis.
- Support your ideas with specific lifespan theories discussed in this course, citing and referencing your sources.
- From a clinical perspective, assess how these three individuals function as a family unit:
- Examine their functioning in relation to a model of resilience appropriate to your specialization, and evaluate their challenges and strengths related to wellness and resilience. As each individual transitions to his or her next developmental stage, how will the transition impact the functioning of the family unit?
- Support your ideas with appropriate sources on the model of resilience you chose.
“Looking for a Similar Assignment? Get Expert Help at an Amazing Discount!”