Food Safety & Quality Assurance
March 16, 2020
Nestle Waters Canada
Subject: Microbiology Technician
Dear Recruiting Representative,
Regarding the lab technician position, as advertised on the indeed.ca, please find attached a copy of my resume for your consideration.
Having had an academic background in biotechnology which had microbiology as a course, I have developed a wide range of skills that would meet and exceed the expectations for the role. I also possess a post-graduate certificate in Food Safety & Quality Assurance. Thus, I have an excellent working knowledge of GMPs and HACCP as well as various microbiological techniques including chemical, physical and microbiological testing.
I also possess experience working closely with the laboratory environment at Himalaya Drug Company. Some of my duties included training new trainees according to company standards, handling drug samples with care for testing, prepared samples for testing, handle various machines present in QA dept, maintained records of my daily work. This experience has prepared me well for a greater role in quality assurance and regulatory affairs. Some of my skills include a great ability to follow instructions in a timely manner, maintaining organization, responding efficiently to unexpected situations, and working collaboratively as part of a team. I am also able to grasp new concepts and take initiative for the betterment of the team.
I would greatly appreciate the opportunity to bring my skills and level of success to your organization. If you would like to get in touch to discuss my application and to arrange an interview, you can contact me via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. I look forward to hearing from you soon.
Thank you for your consideration.
Marish Showkat 76 Sydney Street south Kitchener, ON Email: email@example.com
N2G3V2 Telephone: 226-978-6864
Career Statement: Efficient and capable employee with scientific knowledge and experience to complete jobs efficiently with a “make it happen” attitude.
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS:
Working knowledge of HACCP, SQF, traceability techniques, and GMPs
Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, Access, Outlook
Profound knowledge about CFIA and OMAFRA operations
Practical knowledge of microbiology and HPTLC (High Performance Thin Layer Chromatography)
Reliable and able to meet deadlines
Excellent planning, organization and collaborative skills
Strong problem-solving and leadership skills
Fluent in Urdu – written & spoken
Excellent communication and strong interpersonal skills
Food Safety & Quality Assurance Graduate Certificate 2018-2019
Conestoga College, Cambridge, ON
· Using scientific knowledge of chemistry and microbiology to develop, monitor and maintain quality assurance systems in the food processing industry
· SOP writing and documentation control
· Conducting manual equipment cleaning and conducting pre-op inspections using visual evidence and ATP swabbing technique
· Using knowledge of foreign material control and metal detector set up to monitor and investigate rejected products
· Recommend ways to control risks through HACCP, GMPs, traceability, cleaning and sanitation
· Relevant courses: Hazard Analysis and Preventative Controls, Canadian and International Food Safety Laws, Introduction to Project Management
Bachelor’s in biotechnology 2014-2017
Doon College of Education, Sunderpur, Saharanpur, India
· Clear concepts about basics of biotechnology, nanotechnology, bioinformatics, genetics and Pharmacology
· Having scientific knowledge of DNA analysis through electrophoresis and PCR.
· Practical knowledge about micro pipetting, titrations, taking pH measurements using global laboratory practices
· Knowledge about the basic techniques of microbiology.
Mobilist May 2019
The Mobile Shop, Kitchener, ON
· Do activations for customers on all wireless providers in Canada.
· Explain the deals and current promotions to the customers on different phones and plans
· Explain contracts to the customers and make sure to take their signatures on the contracts
· Upload the relevant contracts on the appropriate customer profile
Cashier October 2018 – April 2019
Central Fresh Market, Kitchener, ON
· Greet customers with welcoming behavior and develop casual conversations.
· Listen to and resolve customer complaints.
· Put in proper code for different produce items and ensure proper pricing.
· Scan various items and redeem stamps and coupons if any.
· Collect payments in credit or cash and issue appropriate refunds and receipts.
· Carefully manage cash and receipts to be handed over to the management after every shift
IELTS Instructor Aug 2017 – August 2018
ESPE India Pvt Ltd, Dehradun, Uttarakhand, India
· Greeted and registered guests into hotel software
· Opened new accounts and closed accounts as needed
· Answered customer inquiries and handled complaints over phone and email
· Handled credit & debit payments
Trainee Sep 2016 – Feb 2017
Himalayan Drug Company – Uttarakhand, India
· Handled drug samples with care for testing
· Prepared samples for testing
· Handled various machines present in QA dept.
· Maintained records of my daily work
· Enthusiastically worked on my project
· Everyday learned new things with curiosity
· Responsibly worked in a team with full cooperation and worked individually as well whenever was needed
· Hit experts with in the third month of probation period as a sales executive in “The Mobile Shop”.
· Worked as an IELTS tutor in ESPE India PVT LTD and achieved overall 95% results.
· Represented “Himalaya Drug Company” in a seminar organized by Universities’ Journal of Phytochemistry and Ayurvedic Heights (UJPAH) in Dehradun, Uttarakhand India and bagged Second Position in the year 2016.
· Worked in “Himalaya Drug Company” as a trainee under the research project “Antibacterial Activity and HPTLC of Anthocephalus Kadamba and Hibiscus Rosa Sinensis” and got recognizable results with the research paper Published in Universities’ Journal of Phytochemistry and Ayurvedic Heights (UJPAH) under my name.
Host the Republic Day Event at Himalaya Drug Company
· Helped in the arrangements of the event hall
· Properly invited guests via email
· Hosted the event by anchoring the whole event alone
· Helped in distributing gifts to the attendees
Participated in seminar for Traffic Safety Week Held by traffic Police Srinagar, J&K India
· Provided refreshments to the participants and attendees of the seminar
· Helped in the seating arrangements made
WHIMS Training 2018
HACCP Certification 2019
Reference Available Upon Request
The post Food Safety & Quality Assurance appeared first on edubrained.