Assignment 2: Two Entrepreneurial Titans – Mary Kay Ash and Anita Roddick
Due Week 8 and worth 260 points
In order to complete this assignment, refer to the Case Study titled “Two Entrepreneurial Titans – Mary Kay Ash and Anita Roddick” found in Chapter 11 of your Reeves textbook. Based on the Case Study, write a four to five (4-5) page paper in which you:
- Compare and contrast three (3) aspects of both Mary Kay Ash and Anita Roddick as managers and as leaders. Next, give your opinion as to who you believe is the better manager and leader. Justify your response.
- Analyze the significance of Ash and Roddick’s achievements on women leadership during their respective eras. Next, give your opinion as to what you believe were each woman’s greatest accomplishments. Justify your response.
- Analyze the following quote from Mary Kay Ash and suggest three (3) ways it is relevant to a successful business: “People are definitely a company’s greatest asset. It doesn’t make any difference whether the product is cars or cosmetics. A company is only as good as the people it keeps.” Provide support for your response.
- Evaluate the importance of one (1) of the following quotes from Anita Roddick, and speculate about two (2) lessons managers can learn from it:
- “For me, campaigning and good business is also about putting forward solutions, not just opposing destructive practices or human rights abuses.”
- “If you think you are too small to have an impact, try going to bed with a mosquito.”
- Examine both Ash’s and Roddick’s leadership styles. Next, select either Ash or Roddick, and specify whether or not you would emulate her style if you were in her position. Provide a rationale for your response.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
“Is this question part of your assignment? We Can Help!”