This assingment have two part. Both part are related to each other. Part 1 is due ASP, Part 2 is due on date indicated.
Select the company for which you will develop a Balanced Scorecard. Conduct some research on the background of the company and ensure that you will be able to find enough information to complete the project. Submit the name of the company and a summary of your research to your instructor in a one-page Word document.
For this company, complete a balanced scorecard that includes metrics from each module of this course. Specifically, include the following in your balanced scorecard:
- Pricing Decisions and Customer Profitability: Select a gross margin percentage for your company and a pricing strategy. Justify your strategy.
- Support Department Cost Allocation: Select two departments that require tracking and present the target costs for those departments as a percentage of sales in total. Provide your selected percentage and rationale.
- Allocation of Joint Products and Byproducts: Indicate a potential byproduct that is realizable from your company’s operations. Express the total cost of the byproduct as a percentage of sales. Justify your selection.
- Spoilage, Rework, and Scrap: Indicate the expected percentage level of spoilage and rework as a percentage of sales. Justify your answer.
- Quality Analysis: Develop a target of quality acceptance that is justified based on Requirement 4. Justify your answer.
- Balanced Scorecard: Select a learning and growth metric of your choice for the scorecard. Justify your selection.
- Inventory Management: Presume you will implement Just-in-Time. Project the decrease in percentage of inventory investment that will be realized. Justify your answer.
- Management Control Systems and Performance Measurement: Include two of the following management performance metrics: return on investment, residual income, and economic value added. Justify your selections.
Present your scorecard in a supporting table. Include an executive summary of one page and your justification for each response to the requirements listed above. Include an operational approach that represents a primary initiative to achieving the expected level of performance.
Your presentation should meet the following requirements:
- Create 10-15 PowerPoint presentation slides, including supporting tables with slide notes.
- Integrate concepts, terms, and theories from the readings and module content.
- Cite at least three sources for this assignment, outside of the course textbook. Two of these sources must come from academic journals. The CSU-Global Library (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site. is a great place to find resources.
- Format your submission according to CSU-Global Guide to Writing and APA. (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site.
- If you need assistance with your writing style, start with the links under the Research Help and Writing Help tabs on the CSU-Global Library’s (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site. homepage.