Project #2 Identify Requirements
Using the case study and NIST SP 800-53, Identify and prioritize IT Security controls that should be implemented. Discuss any applicable US Government regulations/standards that apply to this organization (The organization is from Project 1)
Step by Step
Step 1: Review the selected case study and describe at least10 issues related to security, interoperability, and operations.
Step 2: Prioritize and articulate the selected requirements based on immediate need, security posture, complexity, resource availability, and cost.
Step 3: Identify at least 4 applicable government regulations/ standards that govern how the requirements must be met, implemented, or measured. Provide rationale for why these are applicable.
Step 4: Using NIST Special Publication 800-53 select at least 4 security controls that relate to these issues and describe how these controls enhance the security posture or facilitates the secure implementation of these requirements.
1. Consult the grading rubric for specific content and formatting requirements for this assignment.
2. Your 5 – 8 page paper should be professional in appearance with consistent use of fonts, font sizes, margins, etc. You should use headings and page breaks to organize your paper.
3. Your paper should use standard terms and definitions for cybersecurity. See Course Content > Cybersecurity Concepts Review for recommended resources.
4. The CSIA program recommends that you follow standard APA formatting since this will give you a document that meets the “professional appearance” requirements. APA formatting guidelines and examples are found under Course Resources > APA Resources. An APA template file (MS Word format) has also been provided for your use CSIA_Basic_Paper_Template(APA_6ed,Nov2014).docx.
5. You must include a cover page with the assignment title, your name, and the due date. Your reference list must be on a separate page at the end of your file. These pages do not count towards the assignment’s page count.
6. You are expected to write grammatically correct English in every assignment that you submit for grading. Do not turn in any work without (a) using spell check, (b) using grammar check, (c) verifying that your punctuation is correct and (d) reviewing your work for correct word usage and correctly structured sentences and paragraphs.
7. You are expected to credit your sources using in-text citations and reference list entries. Both your citations and your reference list entries must follow a consistent citation style (APA, MLA, etc.).