6 discussions 200 words each minimum
“IT Infrastructure and Architecture” Please respond to the following:
- Think about a company you know well. What would be an example of IT architecture at that company? An example of the IT infrastructure?
- What, in your opinion, is the difference between a decentralized architecture and a centralized architecture? What is an example of a business decision that would be affected by the choice of the architecture?
” Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) or Bring Your Own Technology (BYOT)” Please respond to the following:
- With the proliferation of smart phones and intelligent computing tablets such as the iPad, enterprises are increasingly faced with employees who want to bring their own devices and connect to enterprise systems. Determine whether or not employers should allow this type of connectivity to enterprise systems. Support your reasoning with three examples.
” Case Study Part 1: Sony Pictures” Please respond to the following:
- Setting aside the political issues between North Korea and the United States, is there a reasonable way to respond to an anonymous threat found on the Internet somewhere? What elements would you require before canceling the film if you were CEO of Sony? If you were CEO of a chain of theaters?
- What access and data protection controls would you recommend Sony use to provide better security for unreleased digital films and e-mails?
” Case Study Part 2: Sony Pictures” Please respond to the following:
- If you were a hacker, what approach would you have used to break into Sony’s system?
- What do you think the most important SETA elements would be to prevent future hacker attacks against Sony or other media firms?
“Total Cost of Ownership (TCO)” Please respond to the following:
- TCO is one way to account for costs associated with a specific infrastructure. This method does not include additional costs such as disposal costs — the costs to dispose of the system when it is no longer of use. What other additional costs might be of importance in making total cost calculations?
“Information System Investments” Please respond to the following:
- Describe the conditions under which ROI, payback period, NPV, and EVA are most appropriately applied to information systems investments.