Vice President of Operations, Part 3
Scenario: Imagine that you are the vice president of operations at a production or service organization. You have noticed that your organization’s current operations strategy is not supporting the challenges that the organization is presently facing. In order to maintain a competitive edge, you must address these challenges with your Chief Executive Officer immediately.
Select an existing production organization. Analyze the organization’s current vision, mission, business strategy, operation strategy, supply chain, total quality management, just-in-time philosophy, forecasting method, statistical technique, facility location, work design, project life cycle, and project management.
Company chosen is General Motors.
Please see attached Assignment 1 & 2 for information.
Create a presentation in a common format (PowerPoint or a similar program) with a minimum of twenty (20) slides and corresponding speaker notes in which you:
1. Determine which statistical technique you will employ to measure the quality characteristics of your organization. Provide examples to support the rationale.
2. Analyze the current facility location, and then use the three-step procedure to determine a new location.
3. Analyze the key concepts related to capacity planning and facility location for the new location.
4. Examine the current work system design, and determine your organization’s selected feasibility in the job design (i.e., technical, economic, behavioral). Assess key elements of the rationale in the work design competitive advantage.
5. Using the method analysis described in the textbook, defend the new change implementation process and the rationale for the change of method.
6. Develop a diagram showing network planning techniques, in which you use the program evaluation and review technique (PERT) and the critical path method (CPM).
7. Use at least three (3) quality academic resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and other Websites do not quality as academic resources.