Compare and contrast the characteristics of a leader and a manager. Are these mutually exclusive roles within an organization? Taking into consideration the position you currently hold or a position you have held, select two leadership characteristics that you would like to adopt and develop. Justify why these leadership characteristics are important to an organization and in achieving organizational goals. Also note how these leadership characteristics support Saudi Vision 2030.
Embed course material concepts, principles and theories (require supporting citations) along with at least one scholarly, peer-reviewed journal article.
Keep in mind that these scholarly references can be found in the Saudi Digital Library by conducting an advanced search specific to scholarly references.
You need to reply to at least two peer discussion question post answers to this weekly discussion question. These post replies need to be substantial and constructive in nature. They should add to the content of the post and evaluate/analyze that post answer. Normal course dialogue doesn’t fulfill these two peer replies but is expected throughout the course. Answering all course questions is also required.
- Chapter 1 in Leadership: Theory and Practice (attached)
- Checkland, K. (2014). Leadership in the NHS: Does the emperor have any clothes? Journal of Health Services Research & Policy, 19, 253-326.
- Donohue-Porter, P. (2014). The creative élan of nursing theory: Indispensable to leadership. Nursing Science Quarterly, 27, 330-335.Warrick, D. D. (2017). What leaders need to know about organizational culture. Business Horizons.
- Chapter 1 PowerPoint Slides – Leadership: Theory and Practice (attached)
- Malewska, K., & Sajdak, M. (2014). The intuitive manager and the concept of strategic leadership. Management (1429-9321), 18(2), 44-58.