Reflect on a facilitated training session you experienced that affected you either positively or negatively. Describe the methods, tools, or strategies from the session that you would like to emulate, if the experience was positive, or avoid, if the experience was negative. Analyze the facilitated session in terms of the characteristics of adult learning and effective facilitation that you have learned about in the course and course readings. Then, explain the role the training played in improving your individual performance and whether or not the learning objectives and design supported overall organizational improvement.
Your initial post should be 250 to 300 words. Use this week’s lecture as a foundation for your initial post. In addition to the Blanchard and Thacker (2013) text, use at least one additional scholarly source to support your discussion.
Respond to at least two other posts regarding items you found to be compelling and enlightening. To help you with your reply, please consider the following questions:
- What did you learn from the posting?
- What additional questions do you have after reading the posting?
- What clarification do you need regarding the posting?
- What differences or similarities do you see between your initial discussion thread and your classmates’ postings?
- Compare the characteristics you identified with those identified by others. Are there commonalities between your examples that could lead to a list of “best practices” for effectively facilitating a session?